I recently held a two-hour Q&A session to discuss the effects of the corona pandemic on shared parenting. The session was engaging and we had people from across the globe on the call! Many asked for the replay, so I made a special episode because there are tons of helpful gems on this episode. Feel free to share.
Listen to Episode 33: Corona & Coparenting on your favorite streaming platform: https://najahall.com/podcast
During the open forum, the participants provided some awesome resources to keep your kiddos occupied during the quarantine. Check out the list below,
Ideas for kids during quarantine
- Youtube has fun Yoga Videos. Cosmic Kids
- fluencyandfitness.com is free for 3 weeks
- teacherspayteachers and search under free
- Stacey.O : Since many kids are/will be home from school, sharing an awesome list of ideas from a parent who homeschools.
- Online resources:
- Curiosity Stream
- Beast Academy (Math)
- Khan Academy
- Creative Bug
- Discovery Education
- YouTube Channels:
- Crash Course Kids
- Science Channel
- SciShow Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Free School
- Geography Focus
- Kids Learning Tube
- Geek Gurl Diaries
- Mike Likes Science
- Science Max
6. Lots of board games, library books (and Kindle), tinkering/upcycling with household junk, etc
7. Some resources to help with kids at home
8. Scholastic has created a free learn from home site with 20+ days of learning and activities.
10. *Pretend to travel the world..Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums.
12. khanacademy is awesome for kcollege level
As always, please take care of yourself and your family during these trying times. I do hope this episode and the list bring you a bit of relief.
-Naja Hall, Blended Family Coach